I’ve been doing pretty well with keeping up with my time sheet but then Ben recommended that I check my iPod Touch for a time tracker app. (Ummm…why didn’t I think of that?!) Anyway, it took me about 40 minutes to find one that I liked but having downloaded and deleted something like 10 different apps (I only “buy” free ones. Oh I’m SO cheap…) I found that I like TimeSheets2Go (lite) the best. It’s really simple to use and I can choose to either use a stop watch where you just click start and stop or I can manually enter the time that I start and end.
Once you pick the way you want to log you time, you log it under a task that you create. So I can create a task like “Winding off warp” and then log time under that task. It’s a lot simpler than some of the other apps and it doesn’t involve trying to make a business geared app into a self employed app. There were quite a few that make you enter a client and a project and then a task which would be convenient for custom work, but trying to figure out where I put what was confusing and the interface was too complicated. I like to keep things simple and straightforward that way I don’t get confused and frustrated when I have one simple goal in mind. 🙂
I think I have a mild version of “the sickness”. Ben and mom had it and then gave it to dad. My sister and I have remained mostly healthy but I think I might have caught it. It’s not full blown horrible so I’ve been able to mostly keep doing things but mostly it just leaves me exhausted. That and working at the farm.
Yesterday Ben and I worked on the cottage for a while. Molly (sis-in-law) and I finished almost all the insulation in the ceiling! We had two minor mishaps which could have resulted in either death or many broken bones but we’re both okay. As we were scooting across the joists in the ceiling to get over to the kitchen (entry into the attic right now happens at the middle of the house, we had to get to the edge of the house) one of the joists gave out and shifted, scaring the ever-living SHIT out of both of us. (Pardon my French) Once we managed to get over to the kitchen area, Molly had another scare. She was so nervous at this point, she accidentally snapped the staples on the plastic in one spot. 😦 I felt SOO bad!! I was the one that had asked her to come up there and help me. Anyway, I told her to just get down for a while and calm down. She did end up coming back up and helping me finish up. I was so proud of her for getting back up there. 🙂 Even after something really scary happened, she was tough enough to get back up there and finish the job. Not bad for a 13 year old! There are plenty of people my age and older that I know that wouldn’t have come back at all! (Or even gone up there in the first place)
Ben also installed our front door yesterday. 🙂 I’m SO excited! It looks good. (Pictures to follow) It made it feel like it’s a real house. We also threw up 4 sheets of sheet rock yesterday which is more good progress. 🙂
Ben and I worked with his dad on their barn extension for the afternoon yesterday. We were working on the purlins for the roof. (Purlins = horizontal boards that lay across the rafters. They are what you screw the roofing panels to…I so wish I could draw that out…) We managed to get all of the purlins up yesterday which is quite a feat. I was gopher for the day and Ben and his dad climbed around on the rafters. I brought them 2×6’s as they needed them and tools. I also caught things that they dropped and handed them back up to them. Lemme tell ya, pressure treated wood gets REALLY heavy after it freezes. It’s HORRIBLE. I took the tractor down to the wood pile to pick up more 2×6’s and I could barely lift the 16 footers. The 12’s weren’t too bad, but they were still quite heavy when frozen. I think what happens is the PT wood has a lot of moisture in it because the treatment they use is liquid of some kind. (That’s why it always feels wet when you buy it at the hardware store…It’s the weird, green looking stuff. It’s used for decks and playgrounds, etc.) Anyway, the weather gets cold, it snows, the liquid in the boards freezes making it SUPER heavy. Annoying. But it’s ready to be roofed now. Yay!! Very soon the goaties will have more shelter from weather during the day and more space at night.
I need to be working on something to weave…I’m not sure what I’m doing next, but I know it does NOT involve overshot. haha. 🙂 Possibly boucle scarves…