In weaving on my blanket project for 5 minutes I have learned the following things:
1. Weaving wide is difficult if you don’t actually have a weaving bench and are just using a chair…
2. Longer boat shuttles exist for a reason.
3. Floating selvages are hard to reach if, again, you don’t have a weaving bench upon which to sit.
4. Doubled sett in the selvages is unnecessary to achieve clean selvages when weaving the full width of your loom.
5. Long treadling patterns are annoying when weaving wide…Scratch that. Everything appears annoying when weaving wide.
It’s going to take some time to get used to this. Hopefully by the end of the warp, I’ll be weaving much smoother and more fluidly. Right now it’s like I’m just learning to weave again. UGH!
Okay. Back to the loom. 🙂