I spent a day this week dyeing two warps and two balls of yarn. These are my results! I’m extremely pleased with them. The red warp was an attempt at low water immersion dyeing on a warp rather than on fabric.
The cool color warp I used traditional painting techniques. It’s probably my favorite. 🙂 I’m really excited to weave it up!!
I also dyed two balls of yarn. It’s kind of an involved process. I had to wind the ball and then dye it but in order to get it to dry out, I had to wind it into a skein (I just used chair legs to do this. I don’t have a swift) and then dry the skein and THEN rewind it into a ball.
Anyway, I’m happy with the results. But I think in the future, I’ll probably stick with painting warps and skeins. I could skip the entire first winding the ball and it would be much easier. 🙂 It was a good experiment though.